Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Ramblings


Happy Friday!  I know I've been a bit MIA lately, but we've been doing a lot of this around our house lately:



There's nothing like curling up in front of a fire with a Christmas tree lit up and a cup of hot tea in hand.  Of course, a kitty to snuggle with doesn't hurt either!


 
 
 
Weekends have been spent shopping for gifts and generally trying to stay warm.  It's been quite cold for the deep South the past couple of weeks and our solution has been to stay indoors, only venturing out for more prepackaged, overpriced firewood.
 
Thanks to everyone's well wishes and sympathy about my job situation on my last post.  I want nothing more than to quit and watch Real Housewives for the rest of this year, believe me!  But I figure I've made it this far, only have 7 months left, and it pays the bills.  I don't want to wake up one day and wish I had followed through when I'm not competetive enough to get a certain job.  So, if there's one thing I've learned from watching my husband go through residency it's that sometimes you have to make sacrifices right now to have the life you want in the future.  Delayed gratification, I could write a book on it!
 
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your warm wishes! Hope you are having a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?