Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I'm a little late on posting (as per usual), but I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas who celebrated!  Jeff and I spent the holidays down in Louisiana with my family.  We even got to see some of his family when they made the drive down to New Orleans the weekend after Christmas!  We had a great couple of days relaxing and visiting with everyone.  I was beyond thrilled that Jeff had Christmas off this year.  I long ago learned to never take that for granted. 

Jeff was post-call Christmas Eve morning, so after rounding we got on the road and made the drive down to Louisiana.  Two and a half full glorious days off work!  He was scheduled to help out on some cases on Friday in Jackson, so like a trooper he left Louisiana at the crack of dawn that morning to drive back to Jackson, then came back down to Louisiana after work the same day so we could spend the rest of our time off with family.  To most people that sounds straight up crazy, but to someone who just finished 5 years of Ortho residency it was not much longer than a regular work day.

My family lives right outside New Orleans, so we got to spend a much needed day in the city.  Our first stop was food, obviously.  I'd been dying to try Peche, a recently opened restaurant by local celeb chef Donald Link.  It was either one of the best meals we've ever had in New Orleans, or the food in Jackson has just been that bad, comparatively speaking.  The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.  Either way, go there if you're ever in New Orleans.  And our trip wouldn't have been complete without a stop at one of the local coffee shops. 


 
 
 
 
Speaking of local coffee shops, PJ's is the other favorite in a city that detests any chain establishments.  They've partnered with local brewery Abita to come up with a new seasonal, tap-only brew- the Abita Macchiato Stout.  It tasted like guinness and espresso beans.  So, basically heaven.  I feel sort of mean telling everyone about this deliciousness when you have no access to it.  Sorry.
 
 


 
 



Christmas Day in our matching plaid
 
The presents are all gone from under our tree in Jackson, but Mischa doesn't seem to mind :)
 



 
 
Here's to one of the best years yet!
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the matching plaid!! �� we tried a new restaurant in new orelans (new for us) Katie's!! It was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid! I've been wanting to take a long weekend to NOLA...maybe 2014 is the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice he was off for Christmas, glad you got to spend some nice time with family, that is the best :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2014! I hope you can start to post more I miss reading your blog. You guys are seriously the cutest couple ever and it makes me want to go out and buy some plaid for my husband and I ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?