Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

NYC Babymoon

Jeff and I decided to take a little "babymoon" of sorts a few weeks ago to NYC over Memorial Day weekend.  I think most people do something relaxing, like go to a B&B, but not us!  We completely exhausted ourselves every day on our trip.  I was 23 weeks pregnant and luckily still had the energy to trek around the city!
 
It was Jeff's first ever trip to NYC, so I thought a good way to start off would be a ferry tour around Manhattan.  We even got a close up view of Lady Liberty herself, something I've never done on my visits to NYC.  It was a great way to start the weekend, and the overcast weather cleared just in time for us to enjoy the sights!
 
 
 

 
 
 
After a quick pit stop at an after hours walk-in clinic for an emergency allergy shot for Jeff (and a few hundred dollars poorer), we headed to the UWS for Shake Shack.  When you're on vacation and your only options are paying out of pocket for quick medical care or ruining the rest of your vacation, I'll pick the former any day!  Shake Shack had been on my to-do list for years, and I was not about to miss out on yet another chance to see what all the hype was about!  The line moved quickly and in no time we had our delicious burgers, fries, and custard for me/shake for Jeff.  It was 2:00 in the afternoon before this pregnant lady finally got lunch, and let me just say I was ha-ppy!


 
 
 
The UWS location of Shake Shack is right across the street from the Natural History Museum, so we popped in there because we had heard such great things about it.  The dinosaur fossils were really cool, but other than that I would skip it unless you have kids.  By this time, my feet were killing me and Jeff's allergy shot hadn't kicked in yet so we half walked/half limped back towards our hotel by way of Central Park. 
 

 
 
 
 
We made it about halfway through the park when the sky opened up and it started to rain.  We somehow got lucky and nabbed a cab right before the heavy downpour started and went back to our hotel to recuperate for a little while.  Our concierge recommended an Italian place in the theatre district for dinner called Osteria al Doge, and it was really good!
 
 
The next morning we had tickets for the 9/11 museum that had just opened earlier in the week.  It was so moving and I had to stop the tears from forming in my eyes a few times, especially when I read some of the last voicemails the victims left for their loved ones.  Definitely a must see when you're in New York.  We spent about 2.5 hours there and then took the subway over to Brooklyn to go to Smorgasburg!  It's basically a huge open lot with tons of gourmet food tents lined up- basically my dream come true.  You can read more about it here.  My friend Brittany who lives in NYC met up with us, and we all had these amazing lobster rolls, followed by these homemade ice cream sandwiches seen below.  Incredible!  I love going to Brooklyn and having the chance to get out of some of the craziness of Manhattan.
 
 
 
 
After another exhausting day (and thinking my feet would never recover) we got cleaned up and met up with some good friends for some rooftop drinks (and water for me!) before heading out to a delicious dinner at Buddakan in Chelsea Market.
 

 
 
 
 
 


Anyone recognize this from Carrie's rehearsal dinner in Sex & the City?!
 
The next day we had to head to the airport around 1:00, but we found time to stop at FAO Schwartz first to buy baby Witty a couple cute stuffed animals for the nursery.  This was a babymoon after all, so I couldn't leave without getting something for him!
 
I'll leave you with a bump pic from this past Sunday at 25.5 weeks!
 

 
 

All of our house negotiations are finally done and all that's left to do is close mid-July, pack up our apartment, move August 1st, and have this baby (hopefully in September when he's due)!  I'm very anxious, yet excited for what these next 3 months have in store for us :)















1 comment:

  1. What an exciting summer this is going to be for you. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?